2020 TANZANIA BIKE RIDE
Take on the challenge of a lifetime and cycle around the base of Mount Kilimanjaro all in aid of WeSeeHope!
2nd – 11th October
This will be an exciting, challenging and unforgettable cycling tour around the largest free standing mountain in the world. You will be part of a group of 15-20 cyclists climbing a total of 5,640m and reaching a maximum altitude of 2,107m.
As part of the ten day trip, you will also have the amazing opportunity to see our work first-hand, visiting communities where we are running child rights and economic empowerment programmes.
We are challenging each cyclist to raise £3,000 and help us to create sustainable change in communities like those you will visit. To inspire your fundraising and keep you motivated in the lead up to the trip, we will support you and keep you up to date with expert training advice and regular content about our work.
For more details, please download our Information Pack. If you would like to sign up or want to hear more, please get in touch with WeSeeHope’s Fundraising Coordinator Jess at Jess@WeSeeHope.org.uk or on +44 (0)208 288 1196.
OUR WORK IN TANZANIA
Since 2009, we have been collaborating with our in-country partner, ANPPCAN Tanzania, in Rombo, an area at the base of Kilimanjaro.
Vulnerable children in the Rombo district face issues such as child labour, teenage pregnancy and sexual violence against girls, which we are tackling by working to equip six communities in Rombo to run our Child Rights Programme and Village Investors Programme (VIP).
Along the route, you will see these programmes in action and learn about the incredible impact that they are having on vulnerable children, their families and communities.
• Travel: Airport transfers and all internal transfers.
• Accommodation: You will stay in both hotels or guesthouses, which all include full board catering and full facilities including water and electricity.
• Bikes: You will be allocated either a TREK hardtail 4300 or Merida Matts 20D mountain bike.
• Crew: You will have expert support and guidance from a UK leader and local English speaking guides and mechanics.
• Safety: A UK doctor will join you throughout the ride and you will be covered by AMREF Health Africa’s flying doctor’s medical evacuation insurance.
• Refreshments & gear: We’ll make sure you are hydrated and energised with water and snacks along your way and that you look the part in a WeSeeHope cycling jersey!