We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic Communications Executive to join our London team on a full-time basis. With an increase in our communications activity over the last three years and an ambition to expand our organisational voice, increase our brand awareness, create rich content and improve our digital presence, this is an exciting time to come on board at WeSeeHope.
Reporting to our Head of Communications, Ellie, you will play a key role in a diverse range of projects and also work closely alongside our fundraising and programmes teams. In your role, you will gain valuable experience as part of a small and passionate team, and be able to see the tangible impact of our community-led work on children across Southern and Eastern Africa.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Content coordination and generation: To bring our stories and data to life with engaging and effective copywriting and design content, including drafting regular blog posts, and to coordinate image, video and story banks to communicate our work as effectively as possible.
- Social media management: To plan, implement and evaluate our social media content and develop an ongoing strategy to increase audience engagement across a range of social platforms, in particular LinkedIn as we look to grow our corporate supporters.
- Website development: To manage and develop our website using WordPress skills, ensuring regular updates including blogs, stories, photos and videos, and that webpages are current and SEO friendly.
- Supporter engagement: To coordinate the copywriting and design of email campaigns, including our quarterly e-newsletter and events bulletins.
- Material production: To assist in the design and creation of both online and print materials, such as event collateral, email signatures, posters and handouts that are in line with our brand.
- Brand development: To support the Head of Communications in the development and delivery of key messages across WeSeeHope and to ensure consistent use of brand and tone of voice across the organisation.
Role Profile – Knowledge, Experience & Attributes
Candidates will need to bring the following knowledge and experience to the role:
- Previous experience working in communications and / or marketing.
- Experience writing and editing highly engaging content for different audiences across communications platforms.
- Experience using social media channels to promote brand awareness and increase following.
- Experience using MailChimp or similar email marketing platforms.
- Experience using WordPress or similar website management software.
- Experience applying a tone of voice and brand across a range of audiences and platforms.
- Proficiency in MS Office: Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Experience working with others to produce inspiring content and effective storytelling.
- Experience working with social media management and analysis tools such as Zoho or Hootsuite.
- Experience using Google Analytics.
- Experience using design programmes such as Adobe InDesign and Illustrator.
- Experience using video editing software.
Candidates will ideally need to bring the following attributes to the role:
- Excellent written communications skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time-management and multi-tasking skills, with the ability to prioritise a high workload and meet deadlines.
- Excellent visual design skills.
- Clear understanding of the importance of tone of voice and brand.
- Flexible and relational team player who is happy to work with different team members.
- Reliable, articulate and enthusiastic self-starter.
- Creative and innovative thinker.
- Interest in international development.
Salary & Benefits
- Salary range: £26,000 – £28,000 per annum.
- Holidays: 25 working days per year, pro rata.
- Group pension scheme: 3% employer pension contribution, post probation period.
- Group life insurance: Three times annual salary, post probation period.
- Maternity, paternity & shared parental leave: Enhanced pay exceeding statutory minimum.
- Working hours: 9:30am – 5:00pm with one hour for lunch. Attendance at meetings and events out of hours will sometimes be required but will be compensated with time in lieu.
- Office location: Our private office is in a WorkSpace building called Edinburgh House, which is within a 10-minute walk from both Kennington and Vauxhall stations. The building has a large communal area with a cafe and plenty of co-working space.
- Remote working: You will have the opportunity to work remotely in line with our policy, which is currently two days a week.
- Training and development: You will take part in external training courses and events to learn and progress in your role. You will also have the opportunity to travel to visit and see our programmes in action first-hand.
How To Apply & Key Dates
We are working with third-sector recruitment specialists, Charity People, to find the right candidate for this role.
If you are interested in applying, please send your up-to-date CV to their Senior Consultant, Alice Wood, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or give her a call on +44 (0)7563 030 587 to have an initial chat about the position.
Applications for the Communications Executive role will be open until 5pm on Friday 21st January 2022.
All shortlisted candidates will be asked to a first-stage interview between Monday 31st January – Friday 4th February, with the second round commencing the week of the 7th February.
At WeSeeHope, we are committed to transparency and equal opportunities throughout our recruitment process. We recruit with openness, welcoming applicants from all backgrounds, and employ people based on their ability to carry out the role being recruited for.
We ensure that all applicants are considered equitably and consistently, and no applicant is treated unfairly on any grounds, including race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, ancestry, gender identity and/or expression, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy and maternity, disability or age.
Find out more by reading our Recruitment Policy.